You can still have a hot time in your own backyard, even when the weather cools, if you follow these trends and enhance the natural beauty of your patio, poolscape, walkway or driveway.
Here’s a look at five delightful ways people make the most of their outdoor space these days, according to the ex-perts at Belgard, the go-to place for paving stones, fire features, brick ovens and other outdoor living elements.
• Get cozy: For enjoyment all year round, install a fireplace or firepit as a part of a backyard space to serve as a much-loved gathering spot and a complementary, permanent part of an overall outdoor living design.
• Bigger is better: Depart from the traditional small cobble and brick pavers and explore large-format pavers for natural stone looks that mimic the appearance and texture of slate, flagstone or hand-chiseled rock.
• Creative cohesion: Take advantage of modular units such as grill islands, brick ovens, wood boxes, fireplaces and more to create a customized outdoor space that works with a patio’s existing pavers to create a harmonious, cohe-sive look.
• Spruce it up: If a deck’s surrounding landscaping thins when the weather cools, consider planting fall perennials that bloom and thrive during those months including certain varieties of hydrangeas, mums and tall grasses.
• Pull up comfort: Define a space and create extra seating with built-in seat walls and add ottomans, throw pillows and stools to create an even more inviting outdoor setting.
Homeowners can find further inspiration on ways to bring backyard dreams to life using the Belgard Idea Book or even uploading a photo of their own outdoor spaces to the Project Visualizer.
For more information, please visit www.belgard.com/home.